Thank you to everyone who was part of the Innovation Conference! We are thrilled that more than 300 attendees joined us for the conference, representing grantmaking and corporate responsibility communities throughout the United States and even the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, Romania, Belgium, Sweden and Australia!
Throughout our three-day conference, we were pleased to have informative and inspirational sessions with engaging speakers covering how technology will change how we live, work and play, and what role the philanthropic world will play in those changes. Our plenary sessions were recorded and videos are available on SVCF’s YouTube channel:
In conjunction with the Innovation Conference, we also held our annual Regional Meeting. This year’s event featured a panel discussion on technology and civil liberties with Raj Jayadev of Silicon Valley De-Bug, Anthony Romero of the American Civil Liberties Union and Elliot Schrage of Facebook. Watch their discussion, moderated by SVCF’s Erica Wood, here:
During the Regional Meeting, SVCF’s CEO and President Emmett Carson had two major announcements.
- First, SVCF will be launching a year-long celebration in honor of our 10th anniversary. SVCF was formed in 2007 when Peninsula Community Foundation and Community Foundation Silicon Valley merged.
- Second, in honor of our 10th anniversary, SVCF will be launching a special $1 million Anniversary Grants initiative throughout 2017. We look forward to awarding 10 grants of up to $100,000 each to deserving organizations doing the most innovative and effective work to make our region a better place. Learn more about our Anniversary Grants.
To everyone who attended the conference and Regional Meeting: Thank you for being with us. We hope you enjoyed the sessions as much as we did! If you attended the conference, please be sure to share feedback on your experience by filling out our conference survey.
We also want to issue special thanks to our conference exhibitors in the Innovation Lab. We were pleased to allow attendees to see up close examples of cutting-edge gadgets and initiatives that use technology for social good. Thank you to:
- Clive MaCarthy / San Jose ICA Art Installation
- eNable Community Foundation
- Huffington Post: RYOT
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- The Tech Museum of Innovation
Lastly, we could not have offered the Innovation Conference and Regional Meeting without the generous support of our sponsors. A sincere thank you to the following organizations and individuals:
V.C. Investors: The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, The David and Lucile Packard Foundation, Ford Foundation, Knight Foundation, MacArthur Foundation, RWJF Special Contributions Fund of the Princeton Area Community Foundation, Skoll Foundation
Early Stage Mission Investors: The California Wellness Foundation, Marin Community Foundation, Microsoft
Angel Investors: Blackbaud, Calgary Foundation, Colonial Consulting LLC, Fluxx, Makena, Morgan Stanley, Moss Adams LLP, Network for Good, Northern Trust, Seiler LLP, Vanguard
Seed Investors: BNY Mellon, Driscoll Family Foundation, EastWest Bank, J.P. Morgan, Legacy Venture, Silicon Valley Bank, SmartSimple
Investors: Dianne Devlin, Filice Insurance, Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund
Media Sponsors: The NonProfit Times, Silicon Valley Business Journal