With our Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
SVCF's 2019 scholarship program applications opened on Monday, January 7. For students Brian Carrozza and Ricardo Lombera, scholarships from SVCF were key parts of their educational journeys. In this podcast, Brian and Ricardo talk with Manuel Santamaria, vice president of community impact at SVCF, about what other students should know about navigating the financial aid process, writing a personal statement, seeking advice from advisors and more.
Brian Carrozza, SVCF scholarship recipient,
Ricardo Lombera, SVCF scholarship recipient,
Manuel Santamaria, SVCF's vice president of community impact.
What you will learn:
- The variety of scholarships available at SVCF.
- The journeys of two SVCF scholarships recipients.
- The importance of guidance and counseling while in school.
- Advice on how to reach more students with scholarship opportunities.
- What Brian and Ricardo are planning for the future.
Resources from this episode:
- Manuel Santamaria
- Brian Carrozza
- Ricardo Lombera
- San Jose State University
- Humboldt State University
- Chico State University
- Connecticut College
- SVCF Scholarships
- Hispanic Foundation of Silicon Valley