Systemic injustice is something that commonly plagues our court systems, and it is increasingly important to figure out how to resolve these issues and implement changes that serve the community with fairness. SVCF regularly explores and exposes such injustices, and works with lawmakers to bring people together, find common ground and develop solutions.
In this episode, Gina Dalma, SVCF’s senior vice president of public policy, speaks with California State Senate Majority Leader Robert Hertzberg about the changes taking place over the past few years and how it is affecting the judicial system. They cover the possible ways to eliminate some of the systemic injustice of the court systems and where philanthropy comes in to play.
In our Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and we look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Gina Dalma, SVCF's Senior Vice President of Public Policy,
and Robert Hertzberg, California State Senate Majority Leader.
What you will learn:
- What has changed in the state legislature over the past few years.
- Possible ways to eliminate systemic injustice.
- The importance of taking time to think in a fast-paced society.
- What Senate Bill 41 is and why it’s important.
- How philanthropy can better engage with the legislative process.
Resources from this episode: