What can be done to help our homeless neighbors in the Bay Area? In this episode of our Philanthropy Now podcast, Pastor Paul Bains, who leads Project WeHOPE and Dignity on Wheels, talks with Gina Dalma, SVCF’s vice president of government relations, about his work to find short and long-term solutions for displaced Bay Area residents; from a mobile hygiene unit to an RV safe parking program for those who live in their vehicles.
With our Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy and social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
Gina Dalma, SVCF's vice president of government relations,
and Pastor Paul Bains, of WeHOPE and Dignity on Wheels.
What you will learn:
- What Dignity On Wheels and project WeHOPE aim to do.
- Who is living in RVs and why.
- The scale of the issues affecting RV dwellers in Silicon Valley.
- The safe parking program that has been developed to help.
- How people are finding the support and solutions they need.
- How housing and services cut down on emergency costs.
- Pastor Paul Bains' call to action for leaders, providers, philanthropy and community members.