With our Philanthropy Now podcast series, we explore trends in the world of philanthropy, social impact initiatives in Silicon Valley and beyond, and look at how SVCF promotes innovative philanthropic solutions to challenging problems.
In this episode, we’ll hear from SVCF’s Interim President, Greg Avis, in conversation with Luisa Buada of the Ravenswood Family Health Center.
Greg will discuss how Silicon Valley Community Foundation is moving forward after recent events, and offer his thoughts about the future of the organization.
This episode was recorded on June 20, one week before the announcement of the departure of Emmett Carson, SVCF’s former CEO. Information about that announcement is available on SVCF’s blog.
We anticipate that a future podcast will include further conversation with Greg about how SVCF is moving forward.
Greg Avis, Interim President, Silicon Valley Community Foundation,
and Luisa Buada, CEO of the Ravenswood Family Health Center.
What you will learn:
- How SVCF is responding to concerns about its focus.
- What people might not know SVCF is doing to help the community.
- Ways nonprofits can connect with donor advisors or SVCF in order to get funding.
- How donor advised funds benefit the community.
- What Greg sees as the future for SVCF.
Resources from this episode: